Purchasing your home may have seemed like enough money spent, so why would you buy homeowners insurance when you could spend that money furnishing your brand new home? Many people think that a disaster will never happen to them, until it does. When your home suffers damage, you will likely be left to pay for repairs out of your own pocket if you never purchased homeowner’s insurance.
For most people, buying a home is the biggest financial investment they will ever make. Such a large investment necessitates a certain amount of care and caution. It would be unwise to ignore the risks and potential losses you could suffer as a homeowner. Buying insurance isn’t a major financial commitment, but it is something you can do to keep yourself and your family a little bit safer, and to ensure your peace of mind.
In today’s blog post, our attorneys at Arnold & Itkin outline just a few of the top reasons why you should consider purchasing comprehensive homeowner’s insurance. Remember: If you have a question about a homeowner’s insurance claim, speak with a Texas insurance claim attorney from our team.
Five Reasons to Buy Homeowner’s Insurance
Here are five reasons why you should go out and buy homeowner’s insurance today:
- The first reason you should buy homeowner’s insurance is so as to ensure minimum hazard coverage. This is the most basic level of homeowner’s insurance. Most mortgage lenders will actually require all their clients to purchase at least this level of coverage. Minimum hazard insurance will consist of protection in the case of fire, wind, hail, and possibly theft damage. Terms will differ from region to region.
- The next step people usually take is to pay for multiple lines of coverage. This is the second reason why you should buy homeowner’s insurance. This level of insurance will not only cover structural damage, but will also cover areas such as your personal property and injuries.
- What happens when you are personally liable for the damages, at least to some extent? A third reason to purchase homeowner’s insurance is for the liability coverage, which will cover you even if the damage or injuries are your fault.
- Have you ever considered what would happen if your wood floors were damaged? What about your most cherished family heirloom? These things can only be covered by personal property insurance. This type of insurance protects your personal belongings and valuables.
- The last and final reason to make the next step and purchase a comprehensive homeowners insurance policy is that it is surprisingly affordable. Even when premiums start to rise, you should think twice before dropping lines from your policy. On the day your property is damaged, you may be glad you kept the comprehensive coverage.
Questions About a Homeowner’s Insurance Claim?
If you have a homeowners insurance claim or have suffered from bad faith insurance practices, you can get help from a Texas insurance claim lawyer at our firm. Our team can help you understand your rights and options so that you move forward with confidence. At Arnold & Itkin LLP, we fight to see that policyholders get the coverage they paid for, because we are passionate about ensuring that justice is done. Our goal is to protect the rights of the individuals we represent. You can choose Arnold & Itkin LLP and have peace of mind right away, knowing that your case is in good hands!
For more information, or to arrange for a free evaluation of your case with our team, please don’t hesitate to contact a Houston insurance claim attorney from our firm today by dialing (888) 493-1629.